These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Clay In The Potter's Hand

This past weekend we took a much needed family trip with my mom, mother-in-law, two of my brothers and their families. We had a great time of shopping, relaxing and just enjoying being together.

One of the adventures included a trip to an art museum. In one area of viewing, there was a man giving a demonstration about pottery. He told how that each type of pottery goes under different temperatures depending on what it will become. The most beautiful vessel is the china and it's temperature is so much hotter than the others. The purest, most beautiful china will be translucent and you can actually hold it up and see the light shining through it.

I couldn't help but think of the vessel God wants us to be. At our purest form, we will be a vessel of purity and beauty. His light will completely shine through us. This purest form comes at a cost. We may have to endure some really "hot" trials and circumstances but we will come out the way He intends us to be. It's no wonder He used pottery so often in His Word to convey a message to us...

Isaiah 64:8 "But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand."

No comments: