These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Monday, May 2, 2011

Words Can't Hurt Me

Have you ever had someone just lash out at you verbally? It is so hurtful, especially when it is without cause. This has happened to me more times than I care to count. I have to remind myself many times that "hurting people hurt people." More importantly, I have to remind myself to get into His Presence and let Him make all things new.

Psalm 31:20 "Thou shalt hide them in the secret of thy presence from the pride of man: thou shalt keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues."

There in His Presence I am safe from "the strife of tongues." Nothing can harm me there. In that safe place, I am not affected by hurtful words and opinions of others. Hide me, Lord. I rest in the shadow of your Presence.

No comments: