These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Quietness

Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth."

I want to get back to that unhurried place in His presence. I felt this so strongly last night and this morning. We get so busy in the day to day...sometimes we can even be doing ministry things but not sitting at His feet... unhurried. There's a reason He said BE STILL. This is what I felt from Him this morning:

The world doesn't need more of man's words... they need MY words. My words can't be found without getting still before Me. My people "fast track" everything in their lives. That is not My way. There are no shortcuts with Me. My ways are not like your ways. I dwell in the stillness, the quiet place with those set apart with Me, unto Me. My voice begins to get distorted and muffled when you let other things crowd Me out. Come away with Me daily to the quiet, secret place.

Only be identified in Me. Let your inspiration come from Me.
Isaiah 30:15 "...in quiet and confidence shall be your strength..."
"Ecclesiastes 9:11 "The words of wise men are heard in quiet..."
Isaiah 32:18 "My people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, in safe dwellings, and in quiet resting-places."


How can we find rest if we don't find time alone with Him? ...unhurried time to hear His voice?

I Thessalonians 4:11 "And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you;"

He fights our battles and does our "bidding" when we are quiet... holding our peace... holding our tongue.

I want His peace. I want His favor. I want His words. I want Him fighting my battles. Help me be quiet and still before you, Lord.

No comments: