These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Friday, October 30, 2009

As Unto Him

This morning I feel Him reminding me that we bring honor to Him when we do every little thing as unto Him. It's no wonder we get frustrated with our lives... our jobs, our families, our duties, when we aren't doing it as unto Him. When we look at things in that perspective, it doesn't matter if others aren't pulling their weight or treating you right or whatever else we may feel is unfair in our lives... we're doing it unto Him! I can remember a specific personal experience on a past job (long ago... many days gone by!) when I felt extreme frustration over unfairness. God reminded me of this verse and I changed my outlook and attitude. It was amazing to watch what God did in that situation... completely turned around to my favor! It works! His Word is powerful!

I Corinthians 3:17 from the Amplified: "And whatever you do [no matter what it is] in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus and in [dependence upon] His Person, giving praise to God the Father through Him."

No comments: