These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Monday, October 5, 2009

My Every Moment

I have neglected blogging... not because I don't have anything to post. I just haven't made the time to sit down and put it here. I'm hoping to catch up this week.

I'm so amazed at God's guiding hand. Last week I was reflecting how He has led my every step. I remember as a young girl, probably around 12 years old... He taught me about intercession. I didn't realize that I was interceding or what significance it would have in my life. What I learned in those quiet times in my room in the wee hours of the night have stayed with me my whole life. It was around that time that my brother had started to "dabble" into things that would later lock him in chains of addiction. I didn't know this until years later. He was always with what we thought were "safe" people. I would feel compelled to pray for Him and would end up praying in an unknown tongue, losing track of time.

As years went by, I got older and worried more about finding my place, fitting in...and went through a season where I didn't have as "intense" a prayer time as the earlier years had brought. It was never far from my memory though. Then, as a teenager, I remember a recurring dream where I was on an airplane sitting next to the window. Beside me was someone who made me feel safe, loved, and absolutely complete. I had this dreams at least 6 or 7 times over the course of a few years. It wasn't until many years later on a flight to Atlanta with Bryan that God reminded me of those dreams. We had flown together many times, but on this particular day as I was sitting by the window looking out, I became flooded with that feeling again. I turned to him and shared that dream. God knew way back then who my "soulmate" would be. He had a perfect plan for me.

There's so many more stories but I just had to share this. I'm so thankful for a God who sees and holds our every moment.

No comments: