These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Heart Cries

Psalm 37:4 "Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

We read this verse and assume we can just love the Lord and have exactly what we want... like a magic wishing well. It's not quite that simple but He takes whatever we give Him... even if our motive is wrong. He knows that if we start moving toward Him, delighting in Him, our hearts and motives WILL change. Suddenly, we are wanting the things of His Kingdom. Our heart's desires are the desires He has planned.

I journaled this in prayer last week... what I felt Him speaking that particular day:

I fulfill your heart cries. I define the cry of your heart. When you align yourself with My purpose you will begin to see what those desires are. Every Kingdom desire that you have will be accomplished. I ordained those desires. As I work on you, in you, I am working on your children... birthing dreams in them. Unselfish desires is the way of My Kingdom. I hold you in the center of my will. I won't let you drift too far from my perfect will once you've truly set your heart on me. I will lovingly pull you back in line. Those moments of deep travail you feel... those are all from me. I am working in your entire family in ways you can't even see.

There it is... it's hard to share such personal things but I know that it isn't always just for me... so if you are worrying over children, loved ones, friends... just know that as you make the journey, He takes care of all the ones you hold so near and dear to your heart.

No comments: