These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Be Careful Little Mouth What You Say...

I’ve been really convicted lately about my words… esp. with the passing of our sweet Bishop. I wonder if he ever had to repent of his idle words. I want to be careful with ever conversation.

Proverbs 17:9 “He that covereth a transgression seeketh love; but he that repeateth a matter separateth very friends.”

Gossip is killing us… sometimes it’s disguised as a prayer request. Just because something is true and you know about it, there is no need to repeat it. We tell ourselves it isn’t gossip if it’s true.

Psalm 15: 1-3 “Lord, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill? He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart. He that backbiteth not with his tongue, nor doeth evil to his neighbour, nor taketh up a reproach against his neighbour.”

I want to abide in His tabernacle, dwell in His holy hill… I want to guard my tongue.

Matthew 12:36But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

James 3:10 “Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing…”

No comments: