These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Through The Sea

I've had surgery so I've been in somewhat of an abyss... a big black hole. That's the best way I know how to describe how I have felt.

The other night I had a dream in which I was being pulled through murky water. It was a place I didn't want to be. I felt like God was saying "this is the valley of remembrance" over & over. It was such a restless night. The next morning I couldn't stop thinking of it and looked up scriptures relating to "call to remembrance" and I found this:

Psalm 77:6 (Amplified) "I call to remembrance my song in the night; with my heart I meditate and my spirit searches diligently."

This chapter goes on and on talking about how surely God has forgotten and shut up His mercies... but then... he begins to call to remembrance what God has already done...

Verse 19 "Your way [in delivering Your people] was through the sea, and your paths through the great waters, yet Your footsteps were not traceable, but were obliterated."

Sometimes we may have to face the sea... with things looking as if our answer is not going to come... but just like He did for the children of Israel, He will take us right through the very thing that looks uncrossable. His ways are so much higher than ours. We can't always trace His steps or know what He's doing, but we have to know that He is ever guiding, leading and yes, sometimes "carrying" us.

No comments: