These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Quietness and Confidence

Early this morning I sat quietly in my time of prayer... I'm trying to do that more. I do speak, but I'm trying to listen MORE than I speak. I felt Him bring this scripture to my remembrance, so I looked it up.

Isaiah 30:15 "For thus saith the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength: and ye would not."

Searching this scripture out more closely I learned that confidence here means "trust". He truly wants us to have that quiet confidence and trust that He is in control of every little thing. This is what I felt Him saying:

"I see everything that concerns you. In quietness and confidence will be your strength. Rest quietly in knowing I hold every answer in the palm of My hand. There's nothing that goes unnoticed with Me. I long to move on your behalf. Trust Me and allow Me to work.

I prepare you for each day. That's why it's so important to seek Me early. I know what your day holds before it even gets started. Don't worry that you don't feel alert early. I am there in the quiet stillness. I am in the unexpected things. Marvel not at all I will use to fulfil My purpose. Storms and uncertainty... All to confirm that your confidence can't be shaken when you're built on the rock of My firm foundation. There's nothing that you face that I don't already have the answer for. Wait and watch Me work."


Then I thought of this song by Hillsong:
"When the oceans rise and thunder roar, I will soar with you above the storm. Father, you are king over the flood. I will be still and know you are God."

No comments: