These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

"Moving" Thoughts...

Don't give up on me... I'm coming back... we've been moving, thus the lack of posts. Long story short, we are moving back into the house we built a few years ago.

I did have a thought in the middle of all this packing up though. We got all of our stuff out of the house we've been living in. It's an older home so it had a yucky funny smell when we moved in. We've had all our stuff in there and have made it ours while living there and it smelled so nice (most of the time). After moving all of our stuff out and coming back for the last few things and to clean... (ugh!) guess what? The smell was back! How weird is that? No doubt someone has smoked in the house and some of the carpet hasn't been replaced so there is an underlying smell that may never go away unless you rip out all the old and put in new. I was explaining to our teen that it's just like sin. You can mask it for a while but it is still there. We have to allow Him to rip out all of our fleshy heart and put in a new one! All things are made new!

2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."

No comments: