These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Friday, May 14, 2010

Broken Cisterns

As you can see, I'm on a roll. I know I was silent a while but I was journaling... so, now I'm taking the time to share it all. I'm so amazed at how He speaks to us. He has been dealing with me a lot lately about us being vessels of living water. He prompted me that... "I long for My children to be fountains of living water springing forth but so many have hewn cisterns, broken cisterns that hold no water... they have shaped their lives to be vessels that hold no water."

Jeremiah 2:13 "For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water."

I felt Him ask me "what is causing holes in your vessel?" This caused me to think about ways we keep ourselves whole... a worthy vessel, unspotted from the world.

Galatians 5:16 "This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh."

I pray He helps me to walk in the Spirit... not giving in to what my flesh wants... I want to be a vessel that holds all He wants to pour into me. A whole vessel is able to pour out what He gives into the lives of those He intends. A life poured out... that's what I keep hearing Him say...

No comments: