These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

In The Waiting

Isaiah 40:31 "But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

When searching this scripture out more closely, I learned that this can also mean "they that diligently serve the Lord" shall "change" their strength... so I'm wondering... if we diligently serve Him WHILE we're waiting, if possibly He gives us new strength, a greater strength than we had before? I believe it!

The day He gave me this He seemed to whisper... "Be patient as you wait for Me to unfold My plan. You MUST know that I am ever working on your behalf. I don't bring the waiting to punish you... I am working out the things unseen."

So, maybe you're in what I call "the waiting"... I've been there many times. Don't fret about it... embrace it. Look around for what He's teaching you while you wait. The answer is already there in His plan. You just haven't stepped into the reality of it yet. It's just beyond what you can see. He's a great God! So mindful of the details. He only wants to teach us a little in these times of waiting.

Greg Long sings a song called "In The Waiting". There have beens so many times in our lives that this song has ministered to us. The first time I remember was right after Cameron was born. He was four weeks early and we had to leave him in the NICU because his lungs weren't developed yet. We drove up to our house and this song started playing on the radio. We just sat and cried. Here are the lyrics:

"I want a peace beyond my understanding
I want to feel it fall like rain
In the middle of my hurting
I want to feel Your arms as they surround me
And let me know that it's okay
To be here in this place
Resting in the peace that only comes
In the waiting"

No comments: