These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Monday, April 26, 2010

Just Ask Dad...

Today I was reading the parable of the prodigal and verse 31 just seemed to jump out at me. When the father found out that his younger son was coming home after wasting away his inheritance with prodigal living, he called a feast and killed the fatted calf. The older son came home to find out what all the fuss was about. When he found out they were celebrating the wayward son's return home, he became angry and questioned why he, the good and faithful son, had never been given such a feast and celebration. This is the line that got me...

Luke 15:31 "And he said to him, 'Son, you are always with me, and all that I have is yours."

The faithful son who had kept his father's commands and had served his father tirelessly never fully took advantage of what was directly available to him. That really spoke to me. How many times do we come so feebly before Him with a beggar mentality when He wants us to come boldly? We are His children. He longs to fulfill our every need and hearts cry. If we are aligning ourselves with His purpose and praying according to His will, ...serving Him with our every effort... there's no reason not to realize that all that He has is ours. What child wouldn't just ask Dad when there's something they really want or need?

No comments: