These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Friday, February 11, 2011

The Language of Tears

Have you ever just stood in awe of the sweet presence of God and all you could is weep? This is how I felt this morning. There were no words. My heart was filled with such gratitude of His grace, mercy & blessings in my life that I just had to stand and weep. I remember all the times that the tears represented hurt from circumstances that caused me to break before Him. Today was different. I felt broken before Him because of my gratefulness for all the times He kept me during the deep hurts, sicknesses, disappointments, grief, fear... He understands our tears.

I was reminded of this old song:

Often we wonder why/ tears flow into our eyes,
And burden seems to be much more than we can stand,
But God is standing near/ he sees those falling tears,
Tears are a language God understands.

God sees the tears of a broken hearted soul,
He sees those tears/ and hears them when they fall,
God weeps along with man/ and takes him by the hand,
Tears are a language God understands.

When grief has left you low/ it causes tears to flow,
Things have not turned out the way that you had planned,
But God won't forget you/ his promises are true,
Tears are a language God understands


Whatever the cause for your tears today, He knows and understands.

Romans 8:26-28 from The Message "...the moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good."

2 comments:

Living the Good Life said...

Hey, just wanted you to know that I am sending you a blog award. Hope you do not mind. :)

http://livingthegoodlife2.blogspot.com/2011/02/award-oh-wow.html

The Cook's said...

Why, thanks... I have no idea what that is, so I guess I don't mind. I'm such an amateur!