These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Monday, March 28, 2011

21 Days--Hidden Treasures

Today begins our annual 21 Days of Sacrifice at our church. During this time I plan to put away all that distracts and distorts His voice. I want to hear more clearly what He is saying to me. This morning He led me to Deuteronomy 4:24 "For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.

I feel Him telling me... "I desire ALL your affections. You will get out of this journey what you're willing to give yourself to. How much are you willing to die out and give Me your time? You desire so many other things ahead of Me. I long to be your first focus. Let me form you."

If you've read my posts for any amount of time, you know that I'm kind of "quirky" about the things I feel He uses to speak to me. Well, this morning was no different. We have a certain pair of nail clippers that have been missing for some time. Everyone has complained about this. Early this morning when I got down on the floor in my office to pray... (sidenote: this is the exact same place I pray EVERY morning)... anyway, there were the clippers under the desk. They've probably been there for weeks. I picked them up and continued with my prayer time. Then, there came that gentle whisper... "I will show you hidden treasures during this fast. You will find things that were once hidden to you when you seek Me with all your heart and soul."

I'm ready, Lord. I'm listening...

No comments: