These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Pray + Believe = Receive!

Matthew 21:22 "And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

We all have probably quoted this verse at some time or another, but lately, it has become so real to me. The key word is "believing". Remember what the Word says in Matthew 13:58: "And he did not many mighty works there because of their unbelief."

I believe one of the reasons our prayers go unanswered so many times is because we don't truly believe He is going to do it. Of course, I have a story...

About a week or so ago on a Sunday morning, I got up early and had my morning prayer time. That particular morning I asked God to mend a friendship. I have two friends who have really had a strained relationship over the last six months or so. I had even tried to think of ways that I could help the mending process along, but God keeps reminding me to let Him work. Leave it with Him. He can do more in a few minutes than we can do with all our best time and efforts. I asked Him to let me see just even a small sign that He was working in this situation. Later that day... NOT the next day, not a week later, but THAT day my sweet husband told me he had seen them together. The next day I ran into one of them in the store and found out that things were miraculously beginning to heal. PRAYER WORKS!

No comments: