These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Sweet Abandon

I know... I haven't blogged in AGES... I'm going to try to do better! I felt this was noteworthy and thus, I'm back...

A couple of weeks ago I felt God whispering this to me. I wasn't in prayer. I didn't even have my journal handy. I just typed it in on the notes of my phone. I came across it today and thought I'd share. So here it is:

"There can't always be absolutes in all things, hard core evidence. That's where faith comes in. I want sweet abandon from you. Surrender to belief... you're out on a limb when you believe without seeing. That's where I want you. Anyone can believe with concrete evidence. Whether it's for salvation or for the answer to a prayer... will you blindly believe for what you can't actually see?"

In Matthew 16 the Pharisees and Sadducees came seeking a sign. He answered in verses 2-4:

"When it is evening, ye say, it will be fair weather: for the sky is red. And in the morning, it will be foul weather today: for the sky is red and lowering. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face fo the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times? A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign..."

I want to blindly believe... no sign required. I've fleeced Him many times and He has always answers with signs and wonders. But.... what if He doesn't? I want to believe no matter what! Unanswered prayers... we still believe. We're still trusting you. You always know what's best, Lord. I abandon my thoughts, my interpretations, my will to yours.

No comments: