These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Friday, March 23, 2012

Away From Distractions

Well, we are more than halfway through our 21 Days of Sacrifice and I must say, my mind and spirit are so clear! Today is my day off when I normally get my house cleaned, laundry done and all my "ducks in a row." I notice the clock and it has been almost 3 hours since I got everyone off to school and started going deeper into His Word. I'm thankful for this time of revelation. Am I super spiritual? No way... I'm just hungry for what He is saying. Early in the fast I caught myself thinking MORE about food than normal. That seems so backwards. But now, I've embraced hunger pains as I can almost see a literal light illuminating scriptures that He is leading me to. It really convicts me to try to live a more sacrificed life. I always spend that first week of sacrifice just kicking and screaming (not literally) like a spoiled child who has had their favorite toy taken away.

I want to push away from distractions more. My phone is nearby and I keep getting notifications from "Words with Friends" that my games are about to be forfeited. It made me smile. My phone is noticing that I'm unplugged from all my usual distractions. Word of God, speak. And, OH HE HAS BEEN! I'm so thankful for a mindful God that loves us in spite of the arrogant, self centered way we live our lives. He still whispers... draw near to Me. I long to show you my secrets...

No comments: