These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

More Revelation, Lord!

Luke 10:3 "Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves."

I feel Him reminding me that we are as lambs... meek, humble... remain a lamb in encounters with wolves... that's a tough one!

We also have to know what we believe and where we stand because the enemy of our soul wants nothing more than to destroy our belief system. He tells His disciple in the next few verses:

Luke 10:21 "All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.

On the day that I wrote these words in my prayer journal, I have this personal word from Him:
"Private revelation... all comes from Me. Recognize fully who I am. I bring more revelation to those who fully know Me."

I don't ever want to think that I have Him all figured out. His Word says in I Timothy 3:16:

"And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."

We don't get more revelation until we fully grasp what He's showing us now. I want to ever be a student of His Word and His Presence... seeking to know more of Him. Do we have a personal revelation from Him or something that we've been taught by others? There comes a time in all our lives where we need to ask Him to show us who He really is and what He wants to reveal to us personally. When I stand before Him in judgment, it will only be me & Him. I wonder what He will say about how diligent I've been at working out my own salvation with fear and trembling. I wonder what He'll say about what I've done with what He has given me. Did I spend my gifts, talents and abilities wisely? Did I give my life away for His cause? Or was I selfish with my resources? Did I always seek selfish gain?

No comments: