These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sitting At His Feet

Luke 10:40 (NKJV) "But Martha was distracted with much serving, and she approached Him and said, "Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Therefore tell her to help me."And Jesus answered and said to her, "Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things."But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her."

Mary understood about sitting at His feet. I don't want to become so busy doing His work (the mechanics of it) that I forget to sit at His feet and hear what He is actually saying.

Today I hear Him saying...
"I hear every word. I am continually guiding you in truth and revelation. Be led by Me always. It is a choice you make. Still yourself before Me as Mary. Sit at My feet and listen for My words. Humble yourself. At My feet is a place of humility. I bring favor and exalt those who aren't trying to promote themselves."

No comments: