These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Spending Time...

A few weeks ago the Cook Clan found themselves in a place we get to more often than I'd like... you know that place... maybe you've been there. It's the place where everyone is so busy and schedules are crazy and you feel like you are only passing each other on the way to something else. In the midst of one of those weeks I got a text from my sweetie on the way to work. It said:

"just wanted to say I love and appreciate you... hope you have a great day!"

My response:

"Well, I do you too. I miss you. Passing in the hall isn't the same as spending time... tonight we need to chill..."

As soon as I had pressed "send", I felt the Lord prompting me... How many times do we just pass Him in the hall... throw out a quick "love you, Lord... thank you" and go about our busy schedules? Sometimes are prayers are just that, but let's make sure that at some point in our day we are actually making time to sit in His presence. How can I know His plans for me if I never stop and listen to what He is saying back to me? How can I really know Him if I don't have open communication with Him? A one sided conversation is not open communication. Let's make time... listen... do you hear Him?

No comments: