These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Giving My Life Away

I know I've neglected my blogging, but our lives are getting back on schedule now with the starting of school and I will start sharing what I have felt Him saying during these past weeks when I didn't take the time to sit down and type it out. He's been really dealing with Me about giving my life away for His cause... losing sight of my desires. I am in no way even close to this, but He keeps reminding me. His whispers to me:

The more you die to self, the more you become alive to what I want to say and do in you and through you. It is then that you allow Me to effortlessly flow through you. You allow Me to interrupt your day and help you effortlessly accomplish the tasks before you.

Always seek to learn of Me. Let that be your only aim. I know all. Learning of Me brings understanding and knowledge in every area of your life.

I long to bring fresh revelation of My Word to you. Seek, listen... be still before Me. Put away condemnation and feelings of inadequacy. Realize who you are in Me and that I need you to be my mouthpiece, My hands, My feet. Conversations that may have seemed pointless to you are divinely led by Me. Speak to strangers. Seeds are always being planted.

I want to give of not only my resources, but of my time to other people. I remember hearing a quote recently that when you give away your time to someone, you are giving them a piece of your life. I want to give freely.

No comments: