These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Another Miracle in the Cook House!

Once again, I am overwhelmed that He would bring yet another miracle into my life! He's already given our family so many miracles! As a teenager He healed me of anemia in a healing service then orchestrated a process healing of eating disorders (which I will share at a later date). Several years ago He healed me of allergies during a church service and then a little over a year and a half ago He miraculously realigned Tanner's spine, completely healing him of scoliosis, when we anointed him with oil in our home. And now... He's done it again!

Six months ago I had surgery to try to relieve some of the pain I had been experiencing only to learn that most of my suffering was coming from a bladder condition that doesn't have a cure. Once diagnosed, it is something you will always suffer with and can be controlled by a strict diet. So, for the last six months I have only been drinking water and decaf coffee. I have tried my best not to eat preservatives and suffered terribly when I did have them. I can only describe it as razor blades in the lower abdominal area.

At first I thought I would try the medicine because the diet part was just too hard. I quickly changed my mind when I found out that the medicine was $75 after insurance for a monthly dose. There were also horrible side effects which included hair loss. I decided I would do what the doctor said. I thought of the miracles in the Bible and how sometimes God required action on the part of the miracle receiver. The blind man in John 9 had to go wash in the pool of Siloam before he could see. Naaman the leper had to go wash seven times in the Jordan before he was healed. I would do my part and wait for God to do the rest.

A few weeks before my surgery our Bishop laid hands on me while I was leading worship on a Sunday morning. I believed God for my healing. The very spot on my head where he anointed me with oil had a sun spot that I was worried about. I was planning to get it checked out. The next morning I noticed that it had begun to shrink and within a couple of weeks it was gone completely. I took this as a sign that God would finish healing every part of me.

Now, back to my present miracle. Last week I decided I wanted to drink a diet red cream soda. Normally I wouldn't dare! The pain that would follow would not be worth it. I drank the whole thing... no pain. The next day I decided the real test would be to have a "real" coffee drink. I ordered me a caramel macchiato (lots of caffeine). I waited to see what the next day would bring... no pain! The real test is artificial sweeteners (which I still plan to stay away from). I was at my mom's house and had to use them because I didn't have my "special sweeteners". Still... no pain followed. I am healed! I will shout it from the rooftops... MY GOD IS STILL IN THE MIRACLE BUSINESS!!!

No comments: