These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Contentment

Yesterday was one of those busy, rushed, crazy days that we all have from time to time. A friend had asked me the day before if I could run by for coffee and cookies on Wednesday for a little while. I agreed in advance not knowing that my day would be so flustered and crazy.

My day was so hurried that I even forgot to go, but thanks to my sweet hubby calling (from out of town) to remind me, I quickly rushed over there. We had the greatest visit and got off on the subject of how we get so tangled up in our own lives and our "stuff" that we lose the real focus of why we're here. For me, it seems we go through seasons where our focus is right for a while and then it gets off balance. We get off track and begin to focus on things and stuff. I want to keep my heart and motives pure before Him. I want to lose sight of myself so that I can find His purpose, His perspective.

This morning during my prayer time, my scripture reading was Hebrews 13:5 (NKJV) "Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have..." Was that an accident? I say, NO! God always confirms His word to us. I am thankful for the whispers He gives us each day!

No comments: