These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Faith That Pleases Him

Hebrews 11:6 (NKJV) "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him."

What a scary thought that when we don't exercise faith, we are NOT pleasing Him. What are you believing Him for? What impossible situation have you failed to place in His hands today? We have no problem believing He IS... we know He's God but we forget that He longs to reward us as we follow hard after Him. Our filter is all messed up, clogged with cobwebs of past failures, doubt, feelings of unworthiness or just clogged with our own way of thinking. Why do we think we can fix any problem with our own methods or worries?

I vow to give everything big & small to you, Lord.
I vow to give it to you BEFORE I sit and worry over it.
I vow to make you my FIRST option.
I vow to see it as "done" before I see any glimpse of hope that you are working on my behalf.
I vow to recognize that you want what's best for me and will always work things for my good.

No comments: