These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Monday, March 8, 2010

Deny Yourself

We're in a time of corporate prayer and fasting at our church right now, so of course this subject is heavy on my mind. This year our pastors have tried to push us to make it more personal... not what the church is doing as a whole but digging deeper into ourselves. Over the last week or so I have felt Him saying:

Deny yourself... that's where the line is drawn. My people don't want to deny themselves and yet that is crucial to hearing My voice.

Matthew 16:24 "Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

The Amplified version says "let him disregard, lose sight of, and forget himself and his own interests... cleave steadfastly to Me, conform wholly to My example in living and, if need be, in dying also."

I want to be pliable in His hands... like the clay in the potter's hands. Less of me, Lord... more of YOU!

No comments: