These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Holy Vessels

In Acts 9:15, Jesus spoke of Paul (formerly Saul)... the very one who had persecuted the saints... he described him this way:
"...for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:"

What a lesson to us about the mercy of God. He visited him personally on the road to Damascus, revealing to him that He was the one he was persecuting. He knew what Paul would become with full revelation. He wrote so many books in the New Testament... words that we live by today. He gave his life for truth once he received revelation.

You can imagine Ananias' dilemna when the Lord visited him in a vision and instructed him to go visit this Saul of Tarsus, knowing how he had done evil to the saints at Jerusalem. But God had prepared the way. He had already given Saul a vision of a man named Ananias visiting him and laying hands on him that he may receive his sight. God uses the supernatural to get sinner's attention. His words were (in verse 16): "For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake."

Notice how suffering usually comes with being His chosen vessel. The benefits far outweight the suffering though.

Here are the words I feel Him speaking to me:

"Don't worry or fret over the details. I'm aligning every detail of your life, your time, into My plan. Come away with Me... into My Presence, my place of refreshing.

I long to speak to you and through you. I am ever present... even when you feel you've failed Me. Put those feelings aside. They have no place in My work, My will.

Just listen. Stop... and listen. Abide in Me and let Me transform you daily. Your life reads like a book. Each chapter I am writing. Be willing. Flow with the pen of My hand on your life. Don't compare yourself to others... your giftings, your strengths, weaknesses or even your prayers and how I speak to you. All of My children are so different. I view each as an individual. I formed you. I know the intricate workings of your whole being. I see what I want you to become. Every day is part of the journey. Each day is an important page. Don't miss a moment of what I have planned.

Be My vessel. You won't have to worry about what to say. Abiding takes care of that. I commune with you continually. I won't leave you when it counts most.

Flow in My Spirit. What I'm teaching you others must learn. How will they learn without a teacher? Just be willing and ready and allow Me to work out the details.

Be a vessel of holiness."


So, maybe this is for you too. Sometimes He speaks so clearly and the only thing I know to do is to share what I feel Him saying. Some days I will hear from someone that it was a direct word for them on that particular day. I don't discount the avenues He uses to speak to each of us. I just want to be a holy vessel unto Him... we never truly get there but there's joy in the journey.

1 comment:

TracyRyder said...

Deb ~ Thank you for sharing this...so many of the words on the page were in my heart! Thank you for taking time to really connect with GOD on a daily basis. Thank you for allowing HIM to pour into you so that you can share HIS messages with us. HE seems to use you in my life so many times to either confirm something HE has already spoken to me, to give new light in certain situations or encourage me through days of my journey with HIM...I love and appreciate you so much my dear friend ~ Tracy