These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Friday, March 12, 2010

Restoration

Joel 2:25-26 "And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you. And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed."

Lately I have felt Him saying "when you pray for MY will, for things to be done MY way, I am going to restore to you some things you have sacrificed. I long for My children to have their heart's desires... all things in proper perspective.

Don't discount the dreams I will continue to give you. New giftings... without fear. I'm restoring every dream, every gift."


I had journaled this on 3/1/10 and now today, I am so elated! I woke up with a word ringing in my head... a word I didn't even know. After looking up the definition and finding it in the Word, I now realize a portion of what He is sharing with me. I can't post it yet, because I'm not done and because I will speak about it in our young married class in the next couple of weeks. I am overwhelmed at how clearly He speaks when we shut out the other stuff. We are on our Daniel fast and have added a media fast this week. Try it... His voice becomes so clear!

2 comments:

Melani Brady Shock said...

I felt the Lord impress me with something this morning. Same word for "mend" in Mark 1:19 also means "prepare." God restores us as he is preparing us for what He has called us to do next.

Restoration is usually directly tied to preparation.

melani

The Cook's said...

Amazing... thank you for sharing... I want to digest and chew on that a while. Your "Eat this Book" class is really opening up some new revelation. ...so much so that I can't seem to do my homework for "Jude"...ha! I'm on a roll with other studies. Lovin' it!