These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Permission to be childish...

Do you ever notice how "adult like" we are? As adults, we reason out every circumstance--we've been trained to find a logical solution to everything. Children don't do that. They trust that anything is possible... especially if Mom & Dad say so. Well, guess what? Our heavenly Father says so! His way is a way of faith. It doesn't follow human understanding and reasoning. His ways are so much higher than ours. It is placing complete trust when we don't see how the solution can possible come but we know our Abba Father is in complete control!

Matthew 19:14 (Amplified) says "...He said Leave the children alone! Allow the little ones to come to me, and do not forbid or restrain or hinder them, for of such (as these) is the kingdom of heaven composed."

What does that say about us? According to I Thes 5:3, "...unless you repent and become like children (trusting, lowly, loving, forgiving), you can never enter the kingdom of heaven (at all)."

Yikes! ...and yet "Whew!" all at the same time... I'm so glad I don't have to figure it all out! There's such peace in that. Whatever I face... whatever decision or trial or sickness or sadness... and on and on... no matter what... He has it all taken care of! Of course, we can't put it on cruise control... we still have to do our part but I'm so glad He equips the called!

No comments: