These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Sufficiency of Deficiency?

You know... there are areas of my life where I have absolutely no problem recognizing that I can't do a "dad-gum" thing (how's that for southern slang?). I need His help beyond measure! My goal, however, is to recognize that in every single facet of my life... I don't ever want to think I can do anything on my own. It's only in Him that we move and breathe and have our being.

2 Cor 3:5 says "Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think anything as of ourselves but our sufficiency is of God."

The word "sufficiency" made me think of the opposite of that... a "deficiency"--in our bodies, when there's a vitamin deficiency, we will crave all kinds of things because of the imbalance that it brings to our "nutritional state". I've even heard of being craving dirt in extreme cases...ugh! It's no different with our inner "spirit man". Our soul was designed to have Him be our sufficiency. When He isn't, we seek after anything and everything to fill that void. Until we allow Him to be our sufficiency, we will forever be "out of balance"... never satisfied... this world can NEVER satisfy our inner man.

His grace is sufficient. Like the song says, "His Grace is Enough For Me!"

No comments: