These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Monday, March 9, 2009

Reflecting...

I've been on a little break from blogging... been a crazy week! My sweetie & I went on a trip to Destin, FL. It was so incredible to get away with the love of my life... I'm just reminded of how thankful I am for such an incredible husband. He is the kindest person I know. You never question his motives. He genuinely cares for people. He's the guy that always holds the door for old ladies, mothers with small children, oh wait... he holds the door for EVERYONE! He tries to smile at everyone he passes... just reflecting on all the good things that I love about him... isn't that what we should do anyway? No, he's not perfect... just try giving him cold fries... he will stand up for what he believes in and he does believe in getting HOT fries! :) Isn't that an old country song... something like "he's close enough to perfect for me"... that's how I feel.

His motivation for gaining more is so we can give to others... and for that, I love him all the more! Thank you, God for sending my soulmate... though I didn't recognize him at first. You knew that I would need him to be strong when I was weak, kind when I was frazzled, calm when I was spazzing out and to love me in spite of myself. You knew that there would be tearful days as we try to figure out how to raise a teenager in today's crazy world. There is no one I would rather figure all this out with. Sigh...

3 comments:

Mom2Sambeaux said...

Haven't had much time to blog lately either . . but I checked yours out today . . . and I have to say, well I sighed right along with you at the end! So awesome!

Brenda said...

I must agree with your comments about your husband. He really is one of a kind-I am one of the old ladies he caters to!!!! Had to smile when I read the part about the cold fries. Paul is exactly the same way-we have gone thru the drive thru many a time and turned around to go back for hot fries!!! Come to think of it-your husband has many of the same qualities as mine. Guess that's one reason I love him so-love you guys
brenda

The Cook's said...

Ahhh... thanks, Brenda... just now reading your comment... You are definitely on his list of favorite people... We love your whole sweet family!!!