These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Monday, March 2, 2009

Serving

Lately I have really felt Him saying... "I am ready to bless all that you surrender to Me. It's in the 'surrender' that my perfect will is accomplished. When you recognize that all is 'Mine' and not yours, then I can work through that particular area... whether it's finances, ministry, giftings or even meetings--let me be Lord of ALL of it!"

I was reading in Luke 10 about Mary & Martha. Martha (though doing a good work & necessary things of serving) was (quoting from the Amplified) "overly occupied and too busy... was distracted with much serving." Mary chose "the good portion (that which is to her advantage) which shall not be taken away from her." ...sitting at His feet. Let us not lose sight of the most important thing. Serving people is necessary when doing Kingdom business, but getting bogged down in the "mechanics" of it can cause us to lose sight of the real purpose... fellowship with HIM... bringing others on this journey with us!

This really spoke to me when getting ready for our Connect meeting at our house this past Thursday night. There's so much to be done... getting food ready,etc. I had to really back up and remember that serving HIM to others is so much more important than any of the other aspects of meeting. We had a wonderful turnout, by the way, and He definitely showed up!

No comments: