These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Monday, March 30, 2009

Days of Sacrifice "Recap"

I'm back... our church is nearing the end of our annual 21 day fast and wow! It is amazing the ways God speaks when we set ourselves apart to hear Him. I know you aren't supposed to talk about your sacrifice but since this is a corporate effort, I just wanted to share what I feel He has been speaking to me personally. This year has been so different from last year for me. In some ways, easier... but different. Right smack dab in the middle of this 21 days this is what I felt like He was speaking to me personally...

"Don't question my methods. Don't be condemned by your schedule. I speak to individuals in different ways. Each of my children are different and respond differently to discipline and methods of speaking... no different than your own children do. I speak to you in many ways but you hear me best in ways that fit your personality/make-up. Just be aware that you can hear me at any time.

Your time of sacrifice is easier this year because you broke through last time and have lived a more sacrificed year as a result of that (I hadn't even really noticed, by the way). Each level in Me will bring greater sacrifice but you will hardly notice if you make the journey at the pace I've set before you.

I want all of you... all you have to offer... like Abraham with Isaac. I won't necessarily require it of you but you must be willing to give it all if I do. What do you hold so dearly that you wouldn't completely surrender to me... lose... if I asked it of you?

Seek to gain my perspective and you won't worry about your "vested interest" because My will becomes your will and heart's desire.

Great is the reward for those who fully give themselves away... lose their lives for the sake of My Kingdom. I pay in great dividends so why not go the extra mile with your time and resources for my hurting world/hurting and wounded body of believers?

In Philippians 4:18 Paul speaks to the church about how they sent him contributions for his needs not only once but twice. He refers to this supply as the fragrant odor of an offering and sacrifice which God welcomes and in which He delights. Verse 19 in the Amplified says "My God will liberally supply (fill to the full) your every need according to His riches in Christ Jesus."

As we "give away" what He trusts us with... our time, money, LOVE... He accepts this as a pleasing sacrifice and supplies all we need!

No comments: