These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Perspective

So many times we think "if only I were debt free... if only my kids were totally devoted to God... if only my boss were nicer to me... if only I didn't have a sick loved one... if only, if only, if only..."

The secret is in our perspective. There is a place of complete safety and calm that comes in His presence. This place of peace is completely unwavered by surrounding circumstances. When I look back at some of our happiest, most peaceful times, it was when we were in financial stormy seas or other treacherous storms. What made the difference? It was the moments that we finally learned to give it to Him and trust that He was in control anyway. Why should we worry? What kind of lens are we looking through?

In Luke 10:23 it says, "And he turned him unto his disciples, and said privately, Blessed are the eyes which see the things that ye see:"

Notice that He spoke "privately" to them. They had spent much time in His presence. They had learned of Him. They had great revelation that others didn't have. They were looking through the eyes of fresh revelation. I want all of Him I can possibly have. I want to see through eyes of faith... eyes of fresh revelation. Yesterday's word will never be enough. He brought fresh manna daily to the children of Israel. They couldn't put it away for the next day. Maybe that's what He's trying to say to us about the things He wants to speak into our lives. See what He will say TODAY!

Matthew 6:22-23 "The eye is the lamp of the body. So if your eye is sound, your entire body will be full of light. But if your eye is unsound, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the very light in you [your conscience] is darkened, how dense is that darkness!"

The Message says it like this: "Your eyes are windows into your body. If you open your eyes wide in wonder and belief, your body fills up with light. If you live squinty-eyed in greed and distrust, your body is a dank cellar. If you pull the blinds on your windows, what a dark life you will have!"

No comments: