These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Monday, April 20, 2009

The Wee Hours

When I take the time to look back over the last year or so, I find that He speaks some of the same things to me over and over. I don't know if it's that I'm not getting it or that He wants to show me how much He really means what He's speaking to me personally. I looked it up and I posted this very subject on 12/3/08. However, He led me to the same verse this morning.

Proverbs 8:17 "I love them that love me, and those that seek me early shall find me."

Over the last few years, I became convicted about this and started getting up earlier and allowing time to get into the Word before everyone gets up. Now that I've adjusted to that, I feel Him calling me to more. I remembered what He spoke to me after our time of sacrifice this year: Each level in Me will bring greater sacrifice but you will hardly notice if you make the journey at the pace I've set before you.

Oh, to be pliable in His hands! Giving up food, sleep, time is never easy. I want to walk the path He has before me so that the sacrifice doesn't even feel like a sacrifice. ...only a giving of love to my Master... the least I can do.

David was considered a man after God's own heart and he frequently speaks of seeking Him early. Psalm 63:1 says "O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;"

Then, as if to "seal the deal", I found this verse in the Amplified and wasn't even looking for it!

Psalm 65:1 "TO YOU belongs silence (the submissive wonder of reverence which bursts forth into praise) and praise is due and fitting to You, O God, in Zion; and to You shall the vow be performed."

There goes that word again... "silence"... I don't know of a more silent time than early in the morning. I will give it my best effort, Lord! You truly have a sense of humor because you know I am NOT a morning person. I do know that there is no sacrifice too great to abide in the shadow of Your presence!

1 comment:

Kensie said...

I LOVE Proverbs 8:17! Its on a little note card in my dorm room.