These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Friday, August 28, 2009

Clean

I'm sitting here today on my day off... just soaking it all in... the beauty of this rainy day. I look outside and you can tell that the rain ended seconds ago. Everything looks so clean (if only my house were there... that's what I'm trying to get motivated to do). Call me cheesy, but I absolutely LOVE the way everything looks so clean, fresh, new... after the rain. It reminds me of another clean... that feeling after I've sat in His presence for even just a moment. He washes away my every doubt, my every fear and worry. He rains His love on me and I walk away feeling so clean, so fresh, so new... I have a new start... every day... He makes it available to me every single day. It's my own fault if I don't "bask" in it.

I KNOW this doesn't happen to you... only to me, but I find myself being critical or judgemental or cynical... but then... one moment in His presence... wow! All back in perspective! I'm so thankful for the cleansing!

Psalm 51:10 "Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me."

"Right spirit" used here translates to "constant spirit". Consistency... living for God is just that simple. We don't have to have it all together. We just need to recognize that and consistently ask for His help EVERY SINGLE DAY! David was called a man after God's own heart yet made the biggest mistakes humanly possible. The difference? He got up over and over and repented and worshipped. He recognized he was nothing... a wretched sinner "undone" without the grace of God.

No comments: