These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Friday, September 4, 2009

Hope Never Shames Us

I know that lately I have started a couple of posts saying that I woke up hearing these words... well, I promise you, it happened again this morning. I heard the word "hope". Am I super spiritual? No. That's the beauty of it. In this midst of my crazy, distracted life He speaks and I actually hear some of what He's saying. I hope to one day hear all of it. Is it possible to get to that place? I pondered this word in prayer and actually found that I had journaled some hope scriptures in the last week or two.

Romans 5:5 (Amplified) "Such hope never disappoints or deludes or shames us, for God's love has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit Who has been given to us."

Am I living in expectancy? Am I taking advantage of all He has afforded me?

Living in that hope:
will not disappoint
will not mislead my mind or deceive me (according to the definition of delude)
will not shame me

Hope is confidence and trust. I am anticipating, expecting and trusting in what great thing He wants to do in me, through me and for me! I Corinthians 9:10 says "...plow in hope..." I'm remembering that today... as I go about my daily "plowing through"... HOPE!

No comments: