These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Friday, September 11, 2009

May We Never Forget

I would guess that every American can tell you where they were on September 11, 2001. I had just dropped Cameron off at the babysitter's when the first tower was struck. By the time I arrived at work, everyone had gathered in our conference room to observe what we had learned by then was a terrorist attack on American soil. I remember feeling that it couldn't possibly be real. We stayed in that room until at least noon that day. I've never watched so much news in my life as I did that day and the weeks that followed. I'm so thankful that my hope doesn't lie in this life. This life is but a vapor... so fleeting... none of us are promised tomorrow. Only what's done for HIM will last! My thoughts and prayers are with all those who lost loved ones on that day.

I Corinthians 15:19 "And if our hope in Christ is only for this life, we are more to be pitied than anyone in the world."

This chapter ends by saying: "Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord."

No comments: