These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Friday, September 18, 2009

The Walk

I LOVE to walk. A great day for me starts with at least a 3 mile walk before work. I prefer to walk in silence... you know this if you've been reading this blog for any length of time. The last year or two has brought me on a journey with Him and with silence. Hearing Him requires us being quiet. Last week I had one of those moments. As I walked I used the note feature on my phone to journal what I felt Him saying:

"You have to walk with me before you'll run. The daily walk brings strength and conditioning. Every runner has first walked. As the pace adjusts, you begin to feel that you could actually walk faster, sprint, jog and even eventually run. A walker sees the goal of the distance they desire to walk. As they get stronger, they start to see more effective ways to accomplish the distance. Go in my pace. Sometimes you'll run, then walk as I allow rest. The resting phase is no less powerful than the run. As long as it's all about me and not your accomplishments. Who are you aiming to please? For walkers, the first mile is probably the hardest. This is where the pace is set. Muscles are warmed up. In the second mile as the muscles warm up and the goal gets closer, there is a renewed energy and focus. The only thing that hinders this degree of refreshing is extreme outer conditions. ...Heat. The heat of spiritual warfare will affect how much you run at a given time. More refreshing is needed more frequently."

I alone bring refreshing as you walk with me.


Acts 3:19 "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord."

When sharing this with my mom, she reminded me of Matthew 28 when Mary & Martha went to the tomb to see Jesus. The angel told them He was not there. He had risen. They were instructed to go tell the disciples...

then in verse 9: "And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him."

They were obedient... they were walking... doing what was asked of them... and Jesus himself MET THEM! Keep walking... it's a daily walk. He will meet you there!

No comments: