These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Open Up The Sky

Last night I saw Jesus in an unexpected place. A small group of us went to the Special Education Center to sing. We brought Cam along to play his guitar. We were truly blessed a thousand times more than we could have possibly blessed them. I saw Him in the faces of those sweet young men and women. There were so many stories... a little 4 year old girl who was a shaken baby from hurricane Katrina... a 30 something year old young lady who had an accident right after graduating from high school. They responded so differently to His Spirit than we do, but you could see it in their faces. My favorite moment was in the first room that we sang in. We were singing "Open Up The Sky" and there were 3 girls who knew every word. I teared up at the beauty of that moment. I will never sing this song the same way again. "We won't be satisfied with anything ordinary. We won't be satisfied at all." Those words now really ring out in my head and heart. We don't always understand why some are born with these difficulties or why accidents happen that cause these disabilities, but I know that God is sovereign and just and every single person on this globe was made to worship Him. It's such a beautiful thing.

Open up the sky. Fall down like rain. We don't want blessings. We want you! Open up the sky. Fall down like fire. We don't want anything but you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPOKbgNP1ik

No comments: