These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Do What You Know To Do

This has been a crazy week because we are gearing up for our annual minister's conference, "Because of The Times". You will notice that I have not been blogging due to the crazy schedule. I have so much to say, but I will save it for later when life slows down a little.

This past Sunday, our pastor spoke on the verse:
James 4:17 "Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin."

This verse has been ringing in my ears and in my heart this past week. It's a scary thought that when we aren't doing what we KNOW TO DO, it is sin. Faith without works is dead. We know we aren't saved by works (Ephesians 2:8-9) but we must have both... faith and works.

We will be accountable for what He's asked us to do. The only way we'll know what He is requiring of us is to get into His Word and get into prayer. Are you listening to Him?

2 comments:

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

just love this verse... It tells us that Jesus must shine in us through our good works so the lost world will see Him. Love your blog. God bless, Lloyd