These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Friday, January 29, 2010

Not By Works... Just Grace & Faith

Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

This morning after I had finished my daily Bible reading, I was just sitting... pondering... half praying, half just being still. I felt Him speaking these words:

It's not by works that you are saved lest any man should boast. You are saved by faith... grace, mercy & faith... don't forget the power of these three in your life. I see you in times of exhaustion, times of rest, times of quiet. I am always there... the never changing God. Don't ever let your confidence be shaken by any other person or thing. Make sure your complete confidence comes from Me.

How reassuring! We are just getting back to normal after an incredible minister's conference at our church. For weeks we have been giving so much of ourselves that it's easy to lose yourself in the crazy schedule. He definitely honored it and we have been imparted with so many great things, but it's so amazing what we can find in Him just in the stillness of our every day lives. He is so mindful of us. He is for us! There's no condemnation with Him. We shut Him out sometimes because we don't feel worthy of hearing but He is always speaking... I want to get over myself and just listen. I pray I can remember the grace, mercy & faith...

No comments: