These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Dead to Self & Connected to the Source!

Our senses become so dulled with this world. Most people these days have an iphone (or know someone who has one), so I will put it like this: Just as we have to turn off our iphones to reset (kill)--we too must die. Fasting kills our flesh... resets our senses toward Him.

It's the only way to NOT fulfil the lust of the flesh... we must die to flesh!

Spring brings new growth, new fruit, because everything was able to die. Death comes first then all things are made NEW!

There's no substitute for prayer and fasting... Fasting kills flesh... Prayer is the communication.

Back to the iphone- even your phone must have charge (communication). Dying alone won't do all the work if the power source isn't reconnected. Dying to our flesh isn't easy but it is vital. Prayer won't be easy if we don't make it a priority in our day. We MUST be connected to the power source... our Father longs to commune with us EVERY SINGLE DAY! ...throughout our day... let's not make it harder than it is. Just bring Him along in our day!

Galatians 2:20 "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."

The Message interprets it this way: "I quit being a "law man" so that I could be God's man. Christ's life showed me how, and enabled me to do it. I identified myself completely with him. Indeed, I have been crucified with Christ. My ego is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinion, and I am no longer driven to impress God. Christ lives in me. The life you see me living is not "mine," but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that."

No comments: