These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

No Shortcuts

The other day I passed one of those signs on the side of the road that said something like "Lose 2 Dress Sizes in 30 Days"... really? OK, sign me up! Deep down we know that even if that were possible, it probably wouldn't last as long as it took to get there.

Everyone looks for a quick fix... weight loss, wealth, some magic potion or formula that will afford them a shortcut without all the hard work and sacrifice. I'm amazed at the ways and times He chooses to speak and I really felt Him speaking in my car that day. This is what He gave me:

"There are no shortcuts. My principles will affect every area of your life. Disciplining your flesh is a process. When you discipline yourself to eat the things that are good for the body, weight loss comes. ...slowly, gradually and thus, permanently. When you discipline your spending (or lack thereof), you learn to be a good steward and pocketbooks are increased. That's how the gifts & fruits of the Spirit are in your life. You have to be willing to be set apart for Me... daily disciplining yourself to push away from the carnal and move toward the things of Me. Gradually you begin to be grieved by the carnal and begin to desire Me more... My Kingdom, My purpose!"

Lord, break my heart for what breaks yours! Let me have Kingdom prayers... not the things I desire but what you desire to do in me and through me at the pace you have determined for me!

No comments: