These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Friday, January 1, 2010

Let My Life Song Sing For You!

First of all, Happy New Year! It's going to be a great one!

Yesterday I was off and had a great day with my boys. They slept in pretty late which gave me some really great prayer time. The presence of God was so strong and tangible in our living room that when Cam got up, I asked him to come over and let me pray for him. He knelt down sleepily in front of me and I prayed everything I was feeling.

Now let me add a little note here... this year I have been praying these words: "Let my life song sing for you!" It is a song but not one that I really here that often or even go around singing. I just caught myself praying the words earlier this year and have asked God to let my life be a song unto Him. No one knows about this. I haven't shared it with one single soul!

So, back to yesterday... Cam had gotten up and gone into the office. When he came back through he was singing "Let my life song sing for you..." That's the only part he sang. I don't know that I've ever heard him sing that song. I was completely overwhelmed at how mindful God is of every detail of our lives. It's as if He just came down and spoke through my 8 year old that He hears and accepts my prayers. I want to be an open book for Him this year... a song that resounds His praise, His reflection in my life!

1 comment:

Olive Tree said...

Hi, it's a very great blog.
I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
Keep doing!