These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Thursday, February 4, 2010

His Divine Plan for Me

Sometimes I feel like I live in a fairytale world... seriously! I just got off the phone with my sweet husband and after hanging up I had to just stop and have a moment of gratitude. He truly is a godly man. My 2 sons are growing to be just like him in so many ways. I wouldn't trade lives with anyone on the face of this earth! I absolutely love my job, my life, my God! I remember a verse that stuck with me thoughout my teen years when I was struggling with identity and direction... wondering what I would do with my life. This verse carried me through:

Psalm 37:4 "Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

I have tried my best to make HIM my delight... to find my joy in Him. No, I have not walked a perfect walk with Him but He has surely given me every desire of my heart. He has a plan for us. He dreams bigger dreams for us than we dare dream for ourselves. I want Him to order my steps. He may take me places I never dreamed... that's why I want the dream HE has for me. If you haven't already, make that part of your prayer: Lord, I want the dreams and visions YOU have chosen for me! We will always be our happiest when we are in His perfect, divine plan for our lives.

No comments: