These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Birthday of Thankfulness

Well, today is my birthday... it has really been a great day. Birthdays seem to bring a lot of reflection, so I thought I would list my thankful list today.

I am so thankful...

First and foremost for a God who loves me and has greater plans for me than I even have for myself... a God who has ordered my steps from the day I was born... and loves me in spite of all the times when I don't quite get it right!

For a godly husband who is so selfless. He is the kindest person I know. He prefers others continually, especially the 3 of us. He is truly a servant leader. I challenge you to find someone who knows him who doesn't love him right away.

For my 2 boys... they are my heartbeat! Tanner... a truly gifted artist and master of humor. He keeps me laughing continually. Cameron... our little musician who has also been blessed with the humor gift. They are both sensitive to the things of God and I am so grateful. That's what matters most!

For my amazing parents... they raised us to love God and live for Him at all costs. They made sure we were in church every time the doors were opened... we (the kids) weren't always so willing, but we were there! I'm glad to have been raised in the country in a very small town... without the distraction of television. I'm thankful that I know what it sounds like to hear my mother's groans of intercession for her children. I'm thankful for a dad whose character is impeccable. His word is his bond.

For my brothers and sister-in-laws:
Dave & Candace... Dave, so tender hearted... they've suffered struggles in their personal lives but haven't given up. God is not done!
Darrin & Twila... he's the one I shared my secrets with as a teen... married his highschool sweetheart, who is the queen of hospitality--she's a gifted, giving soul!
Damon & Tammy... my baby brother who has an incredible call of God on his life... married to an amazing, beautiful, godly woman.

For my nieces and nephews, in-laws, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents who've gone on to Glory... for all the people God has placed in my life along the journey. Some have been only for a season but all were a part of His master plan for me.

For all the young people I've ever taught in a church setting... some have faced untimely deaths, some have drifted away from God (temporarily), and so many are now living for Him with their whole hearts... these are the gifts that keep on giving. It is rewarding to know that God allowed our paths to cross... and a reminder that we have to continually speak into other people's lives.

For all the people who have spoken into my life... there are way too many to name. I am thankful for the Pentecostals of Alexandria. I am thankful for godly Pastors and their wives.

OK... I'm realizing that I can never end my list, so I'll stop here for today. Thank you for letting me ramble on and on... speak into someone's life!

No comments: