These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Friday, February 19, 2010

Rising Early for a Fresh Word

This morning I read this verse and it convicted me to my core. Jesus came not only to become the sacrificial lamb but to show us the way and this is what He did:

Mark 1:35 "And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, He went out and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed."

There are no more words you can add to that! He got up early... way before daylight... got into a quiet place... and prayed. How much more should I be making that sacrifice? I've debated within myself on when is the best time to pray. When am I most alert? I know it's different for everyone, but this verse has made me rethink that.

The other thing I felt Him saying this morning is this: "My people are quick to look to man's words... books ABOUT Me... but I am the living Word! I long to bring fresh, personal words to My children... a personal visitation. I have a fresh word for every day. They won't allow themselves to hear Me."

2 comments:

Melani Brady Shock said...

I've been feeling this in a major way lately. Even read the same passage and was convicted! Not being a morning person, "rising before day" causes me grief in my heart. :-) But rising early is something I am including in my 40 days of sacrifice. . .and am becomingly increasingly convicted that he might would make me a "morning person" if I would just give Him a chance. Pondering...
mbs

The Cook's said...

I'm not a morning person either, but like you, I'm giving it a shot during the 40 days. I feel like He is really going to speak BIG things to all of us during this year's fast!