These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Monday, February 15, 2010

Ebb & Flow

Today I'm borrowing from Melani Shock, one of the biggest voices of influence in my life. She is an amazing woman of God who has taught my generation so much about having godly homes and marriages. She is also a blogger (http://www.questmiles.blogspot.com/, and http://theparsonshouse.blogspot.com/)...and I quote:

"We are taught we can "have it all." We can "do it all." We can be the busy woman, the quiet sister, the fun woman, the 24/7 wife. The key is "balance." I don't think that reflects the order of life the way God created it. He created seasons...winter is winter, not summer. Fall is fall and doesn't have the properties of spring. Same with the seas...tide is coming in or going out. It's on its way to one or the other, never living in both states at the same time. We're the same way.

During the busy times, we can be busy. During the quiet times, we need to embrace the silence and solitude and learn to rest and store up strength. Life is squeeze and release, ebb and flow, busy and quiet, day and night...

If we can learn to flow with the rhythm of it all and not try to resist the busyness or escape the quiet or laugh our way out of sorrow, then we will be in a much better position for constant peace and contentment in whatever state we find ourselves in.
The key is to make sure there IS ebb and flow!"

No comments: