These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Pouring My Love On Him

In this month that is so focused on LOVE, I feel Him asking me a deeper question. This past Sunday our Pastor spoke about the woman with the issue of blood in Luke 8:43-44. She reached out to touch Him and received her healing. The crowd was waiting for Him to touch them. She, on the other hand, took the initiative and reached for Him. It seems we always want to receive from Him but what if we reached for Him and asked instead, "How can I bless you?" The sinner woman with the alabaster box "got it". She was a sinner and yet she saw the importance on pouring out all she had unto Him... it cost her MUCH.

Luke 7:38 "And stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his feet with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment."

Only you know the price of the oil in your alabaster box. What is it costing you? Are you counting the cost? Will you pour it all out unto Him? Finances, time, motives, our agenda? Are we in it for the loaves and fishes? ...bigger, better things? ...or are we sold out? Will we serve irregardless of our wants and desires being met? When we sell out completely to Him, our marriages and other relationships will be solidified as well... just a thought!

No comments: